Properly installed and operated mini-split heat pumps are highly efficient systems, perfect for Massachusetts’s weather.
When installing a new HVAC system, our Jay Moody HVAC team takes the time to create an efficient system design that fits your needs.
Here are a few tips to help you best utilize your Mitsubishi mini-splits’ capabilities for ultimate efficiency and comfort!
Set Your Mini-Split Thermostat for Comfort
- Set your mini-split remote or thermostat at a temperature that feels comfortable
- It’s OK to slightly overheat one room to assist in heating another area of your home
- Instead of using “auto”, use the “heat” or “cool” settings
- SET IT & FORGET IT!
- Avoid turning your units “on” and “off” to control temperature.
- Keep your heat pump ON in very cold weather
- Cold-climate heat pumps work below zero degrees.
- Set the unit to “off” when outside temperature is mild and heating/cooling is not needed.
Use Your Backup Heating System Only When Needed
- Make your ductless heat pump your primary heat source by turning your existing heating system down 5-10 degrees.
- When possible, keep the doors open to rooms without ductless units. This allows your heat pump to better circulate heat.
Annual Preventative Maintenance
- Annual maintenance includes a cleaning and inspection of your system to prepare it for the upcoming season.
- Many equipment warranties require annual maintenance on equipment to qualify
- Mitsubishi requires its systems to be maintenced annually by a qualified contractor in order to be covered under warranty (Jay Moody HVAC is a qualified Diamond Elite Mitsubishi Contractor)
Don’t stress over maintenance! Jay Moody HVAC’s maintenance plan members receive annual preventative maintenance, discounts, and priority scheduling!
We hope these tips help improve comfort and save energy in your home!
Still have questions? Reach out!
A Bit About Jay Moody HVAC
Specializing in high quality heat-pump installations, Jay Moody HVAC is committed to a sustainable approach to home improvement.
We have a mission to help our Massachusetts neighbors limit carbon emissions and save energy with improved HVAC and electrical systems.